AdSense Now! gets you started with Google AdSense. No mess, no fuss.
AdSense Now! is the simplest possible way to generate revenue from your blog using Google AdSense. Aiming at simplicity, AdSense Now! does only one thing: it puts your AdSense code in up to three spots in your posts and pages (both existing ones and those yet to be written).
- Enforces the Google policy of not more than three ad blocks per page.
- Simplest possible configuration interface -- nothing more than cutting and pasting AdSense code.
- Option to suppress ads on all pages (as opposed to posts), or on the front/home page., category/tag/archive listings.
- Control over the positioning and display of AdSense blocks in each post or page.
- Internationalized with multiple language support.
PS: You'll need a Google AdSense Account.
If you think AdSense Now! is too lean and mean for your taste, try the full-fledged, feature rich plugin Easy AdSense.
New in this Version
Correcting W3C markup validation errors on the admin page.
Correcting W3C markup validation errors on the admin page.
- Upload the AdSense Now! plugin (the whole adsense-now folder) to the '/wp-content/plugins/' directory.
- Activate the plugin through the 'Plugins' menu in WordPress.
- Go to the Setup -> AdSense Now! and enter your AdSense code and options.
Frequently Asked Questions
Why do I get a "Plugin does not have valid header" error?
This seems to be a problem with some WordPress installations. I have never been able to reproduce this error on any of my installations. I have found this on the web though.
How can I control the appearance of the adsense blocks using CSS?
<div>s that AdSense Now! creates have the class attribute
adsense. Furthermore, they have attributes like
adsense-leadout depending on the type. You can set the style for these classes in your theme
style.css to control their appearance.
What are the different versions of the plugin?
AdSense Now is the freely distributed version of a premium plugin. The Pro version gives you more benefits -- lets you activate a filter to ensure that your ads show only on those pages that seem to comply with Google AdSense policies. It also lets you specify a list of computers where your ads will not be shown, in order to prevent accidental clicks on your own ads -- one of the main reasons AdSense bans you. These features will minimize your chance of getting banned. The Pro version costs $3.95, and is appropriate if you expect to make more than $100 of ad revenue from your site.
How can I contact the plugin author if I need help?
This plugin uses a paid support model in order to manage the support load. Each support ticket will be charged at $0.95 for the Lite version (and for the Pro version after a short free support period). The support ticket is valid for 48 hours, and further follow-up questions will call for a new support ticket.
I still don't get it. Porn and site block - that you already have during Asdense ad setup?
What you have in AdSense is an ability to block ads from certain sites. For instance, if you don't like ads from my site "thulasidas.com", you can block them. What the pro version gives you is the ability to block ads to certain clients. That is, if you don't want visitors from certain IP addresses see your ads (because they may click on too many of them, getting your AdSense account banned, for instance), you can with my plugin.
Porn block also is similar -- Google lets you choose non-porn ads (I think). What my plugin does is to look at the content of your page, and block ads if it looks like a porn page. This can happen if a spammer posts a porn kind of comment on your blog, which again may get your AdSense account banned.
Why another AdSense plugin?
The other plugin I have published, Easy AdSense, does everything that AdSense Now! does and more. But in doing so, Easy AdSense has become an All-in-One AdSense plugin, and not "Easy" any more. I wanted to go back to the basics and provide a simple plugin to get our fellow bloggers started on AdSense.
I like its simplicity, but AdSense Now! doesn't have all the features I need. Can you add this and that feature?
If you think AdSense Now! is too lean and mean for your taste, try my full-fledged, feature-rich plugin Easy AdSense. I plan to keep AdSense Now! simple.
I just activated the plugin. How come I don't see any ads in my blog?
Note that you have to generate your adsense code from Google, and paste the entire code in the text box, replacing the existing text. Changing the publisher id alone is not good enough.
If you just created the new Google AdSense code, it may not be active yet. Google takes about ten minutes or so before serving ads. Please try again later.
Can I control how the ad blocks are formatted in each page?
Yes! Now, in V1.1+, you have more options (using Custom Fields) to control adsense blocks in individual posts/pages. Add custom fields with keys like
adsense-search and with values like
no to have control how the Google adsense blocks show up in each post or page. A Custom Field
adsense with value
no suppresses all AdSense ad blocks in the post or page.
- V3.40: Correcting W3C markup validation errors on the admin page. [Apr 27, 2013]
- V3.34: Translation updates. [Mar 30, 2013]
- V3.33: Documentation changes, testing with WP3.5, translation updates. [Dec 22, 2012]
- V3.32: Fixing the incompatibility with Jetpack, updating translations. [Dec 17, 2012]
- V3.31: Fixes in the plugin updater. [Oct 16, 2012]
- V3.30: Adding links to a support ticket system to serve the users better. Introducing in-app version update. [Sep 30, 2012]
- V3.20: Admin interface modifications. Updating some translations. [Sep 21, 2012]
- V3.13: Taking care of some debug notices from WordPress debug mode. [Aug 27, 2012]
- V3.12: Adding nl_NL translation. [Aug 12, 2012]
- V3.11: Ensuring compatibility with WP3.4+. [July 18, 2012]
- V3.10: Updating translations. Adding some text on the admin page about rating. [June 18, 2012]
- V3.09: Some bug fixes. Version number resequencing. [May 24, 2012]
- V2.08: Integration of ez-update module and affiliation. [May 15, 2012]
- V2.07: Renaming a conflicting function strip_only. [Mar 28, 2012]
- V2.06: More translations, slight interface changes. [Nov 13, 2011]
- V2.05: Documentation and admin-page display changes. Non-critical. [Aug 30, 2011]
- V2.04: Bug fix. [Aug 29, 2011]
- V2.00: Documentation changes. [July 4, 2011]
- V1.99: Multiple translation updates and changes to default ads. Ensured compatibility with WordPress 3.2. [June 17, 2011]
- V1.98: More translation updates and support options, and Admin interface changes. [Oct 14, 2010]
- V1.97: Changing default and shared ads, and translation update (
pt_PT). [Oct 2, 2010]
- V1.96: Translation updates. Minor bug fixes and enhancements. [Sep 16, 2010]
- V1.95: Documentation (FAQ) and defaults changes. [Aug 18, 2010]
- V1.94: Performance optimization, , updating some translations, and changing the default and shared ads (to publicize the author's books and to include other providers) [Aug 12, 2010]
- V1.92: Major revamping of default ads: The default (and shared) ads have been changed to referral images. The text boxes on the admin page now show a reminder to generate and paste your AdSense code. [June 27, 2010]
- V1.90: Updated the Russian translation. [Apr 10, 2010]
- V1.89: Updating many translations. [Mar 20, 2010]
- V1.83: New and updated translations. [Dec 10, 2009]
- V1.80: Releasing new Ukrainian and Polish, and updated Italian translations. [Sept 24, 2009]
- V1.77: Releasing new Arabic, and updated German, French and Indonesian translations. [August 22, 2009]
- V1.75: Compressing the defaults file. No functional improvements. [August 10, 2009]
- V1.74: A few more translations. (English users do not need to update.) [August 5, 2009]
- V1.64: Releasing
pt_PTtranslation. [July 22, 2009]
- V1.63: New translation in Russian (
ru_RU). Updated translations: Portuguese (
pt_BR), Simplified Chinese (
zh_CN). [July 18, 2009]
- V1.62: Attempts to fix automatic update and install issues. Improved documentation highlighting ad space sharing. Not an essential update, but any feedback will be appreciated. [July 16, 2009]
- V1.61: Changes to streamline internationalization. (English users don't need to update.) [July 14, 2009]
- V1.58: Admin page enhancements. Simplified Chinese translation. [July 2, 2009]
- V1.57: Removing min-max enforcing on ad space sharing. [June 30, 2009]
- V1.56: Fixing a typo in
is_category(). [June 26, 2009]
- V1.55: Fixing the issue with submit buttons in IE8. [June 23, 2009]
- V1.54: Providing
htmlspecialchars_decode()for compatibility with older versions of PHP. [June 23, 2009]
- V1.53: The
<div>containing the adsense code has class names set so that they can be controlled from the theme CSS. The shared ad-slots are of the same size and show only text ads now. [June 23, 2009]
- V1.52: German translation. [June 20,2009]
- V.151: Compatibility with WP2.8+. [June 13, 2009]
- V1.50: Interface streamlining and improvements, minor bug fixes and configurable ad space sharing to support the plugin development. [June 12, 2009]
- V1.37: Option to suppress ad blocks in front/home/category/tag/archive pages. [June 6, 2009]
- V1.35: Belarusian translation. [May 4, 2009]
- V1.34: Turkish translation. [May 4, 2009]
- V1.33: Added some HTML comments in the page with version number and ad block sequence number for easy trouble shooting. [May 1, 2009]
- V1.32: More fixes to finally make the admin page totally "Valid XHTML 1.0 Transitional." Also releasing translation in Bahasa Indonesia. [April 17, 2009]
- V1.31: Minor bug fix (related to the number of ad blocks on a page). [April 13, 2009]
- V1.21: An option to show ads only in blog posts (and not on pages). [April 9, 2009]
- V1.20: Internationalization, riding on the translations of Easy AdSenser. [April 4, 2009]
- V1.11: Bug fix: the plugin wasn't gracefully handling posts with no custom fields. [March 10. 2009]
- V1.10: Adding more control over displaying AdSense blocks in individual post. [March 8. 2009]
- V1.01: A serious bug fix. [March 6, 2009]
- V1.00: Initial release. [March 1, 2009]
If you need help, please use our support portal.
The comments left below may not be seen in a timely manner.