Okay, the short answer, increase your virtual memory to more than the size of your physical memory.
Long version now. Recently, I had this problem with my PC that it wouldn’t wake up from hibernation or sleep mode properly. The PC itself would be on and churning, but the screen would switch to power save mode, staying blank. The only thing to do at that point would be to restart the computer.
Like the good netizen that I am, I trawled the Internet for a solution. But didn’t find any. Some suggested upgrading the BIOS, replacing the graphics card and so on. Then I saw this mentioned in a Linux group, saying that the size of the swap file should be more than the physical memory, and decided to try it on my Windows XP machine. And it solved the problem!
因此，唤醒后此空白屏幕问题的解决方案是将虚拟内存的大小设置为大于系统内存的大小。,,en,如果您需要更多信息,,en,这是怎么,,en,循序渐进的形式,,en,这些说明适用于Windows XP计算机,,en,右键点击,,en,我的电脑,,en,并击中,,en,属性。,,en,看一下RAM的大小,,en,然后点击,,en,高级,,en,标签,,en,点击,,en,设置,,en,下的按钮,,en,性能,,en,组框,,en,在里面,,en,性能选项,,en,出现的窗口,,en,选择,,en,虚拟内存,,en,底部附近的组框,,en,点击,,en,更改,,en,纽扣,,en,弹出的窗口,,en,设置,,en,自定义大小,,en,超出您的RAM大小,,en,您在步骤中看到的,,en,您可以在任何硬盘分区上进行设置,,en,但是如果您要按照所有这些说明进行操作,,en,你只有机会,,en,C,,en,我选择穿上,,en,中号,,en. If you need more information, here is how, in step-by-step form. These instructions apply to a Windows XP machine.
- Right-click on “My Computer” and hit “Properties.”
- Take a look at the RAM size, and click on the “Advanced” tab.
- Click on the “Setting” button under the “Performance” group box.
- In the “Performance Options” window that comes up, select the “Advanced” tab.
- In the “Virtual Memory” group box near the bottom, click on the “Change” button.
- In the “Virtual Memory” window that pops up, set the “Custom Size” to something more than your RAM size (that you saw in step 2). You can set it on any hard disk partition that you have, but if you are going through all these instructions, chances are you have only “C:”. In my case, I chose to put it on “M:”.