Stable tag: 1.11
Author: WP Plus
See Also: Other packages
ezSubscribe is subscription module for ezPayPal, which can be purchased online. Used it in conjunction with ezPayPal, this modules enables you to define and sell subscription-based products and services (newsletters, support contracts, advertising contracts or even one time subscriptions like installation or customization service) on your website.
If you would like to start your own subscription system, you can purchase the full package of ezSubscribe ready-to-use online for only $12.95.
- Seamless integration with ezPayPal.
- Multiple Configurable products and services.
- Automatic handling of subscription start, end, modification etc.
Note: ezSubscribe is an add-on module for ezPayPal Pro. You can install and use it only if you have ezPayPal. Or you can purchase the bundled package of ezSubscribe and ezPayPal ready-to-deploy for a discounted price of only $12.95.
- On ezPayPal screen, click on Pro Functions.
- Log in if prompted.
- Click on the Subscription Package button against the Subscription System entry.
- Click on the Install Package and follow the friendly wizard.
- Installation integration from ezPayPal Pro Screen. Click to View
- Design and implement a subscription model.
- V1.11: Fixing another bug that caused the subscription page to be hidden. [Nov 26, 2013]
- V1.10: Various bug fixes after testing for use with WP-Plus.org. [Sep 2, 2013]
- V1.01: Releasing ezSubscribe bundled with ezPayPal. [Sep 30, 2012]
- V1.00: Initial release. [Sep 12, 2012]
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I use this package without ezPayPal?
Not in the current form. A future version that can work independently of ezPayPal will be released soon.
Why would I want to charge my users for support?
Not to get rich, for sure! In my case, I have a few popuplar plugins and packages out there on the net. My users kept sending me emails with questions that are clearly answered in the FAQ, documentation etc. When I got tired of cutting and pasting the FAQ answers, I decided to charge them a small amount ($0.95) per question. In fact, I didn't really charge them, I just told them that I would. And, to my surprise, my support load went down by over 90%! I wanted to use a support ticket system, but was worried that it would swamp me with frivilous tickets. A subscription model made sense in my case. Besides, it will certainly cut down on spam.
Why do the email messages from ezSubscribe end up in Spam/Junk mail boxes?
Depending on how your PHP installation is configured, your emails may look like spam to some of the mail sentinel out there. The safest way to overcome this is to set up SMTP for outgoing mail. Logon to your ezSubscribe Admin panel (
<your ezSubscribe site>/scp/admin.php) and click on the Emails tab. Click on the "Subscribe" email (typically
email@example.com) and enter the values in the "SMTP Settings (Optional)" and section. You will also need to enter your login info in the "Login info (optional)" subsection.
WP-PlusThis and other packages can be installed and managed seamlessly using WP-Plus -- the next generation of WordPress, developed for the professional blogger who demand professional plugins and themes. If you are a professional plugin developer or a blogger (one who hopes to make a living out of blogging or blog-related developement), do check it out!
If you like my plugin efforts, please leave a comment using your Facebook login below.
If you need help, please use our support portal instead.