Now! Plugin for AdSense is the simplest possible way to generate revenue from your blog using Google AdSense. Aiming at simplicity, Now! Plugin for AdSense does only one thing: it puts your AdSense code in up to three spots in your posts and pages (both existing ones and those yet to be written).
- Now! Plugin for AdSense enforces the Google policy of not more than three adsense blocks per page.
- Now! Plugin for AdSense sports the simplest possible configuration interface -- nothing more than cutting and pasting AdSense code.
- Now! Plugin for AdSense gives you an option to suppress ads on all pages (as opposed to posts), or on the front/home page, category/tag/archive listings.
- Now! Plugin for AdSense lets you control the positioning and display of AdSense blocks in each post or page.
- Now! Plugin for AdSense is internationalized with multiple languages supported.
- Now! Plugin for AdSense has popover help for every option in the plugin.
- Now! Plugin for AdSense gives you an interface tour to familiarize yourself with the plugin features and layout.
- Now! Plugin for AdSense has the ability to spawn the plugin interface as a separate tab/window independent of the WordPress admin interface.
PS: You'll need a Google AdSense Account.
Now! Plugin for AdSense is the freely distributed version of a premium plugin. The Pro version gives you more control.
- Safe Content filter: To ensure that your Google AdSense ads show only on those pages that seem to comply with Google AdSense policies, which can be important since some comments may render your pages inconsistent with those policies.
- IP filter: Ability to specify a list of computers where your ads will not be shown, in order to prevent accidental clicks on your own ads -- one of the main reasons AdSense bans you. These features will minimize your chance of getting banned.
- Compatibility mode: To solve the issue of the ad insertion messing up your page appearances when using some themes.
- Category/Post Control: Ability to suppress ads on specific categories, posts and pages.
- Shortcode Support: Show the ads only on the pages or posts you want, and exactly where you want them.
- Mobile Support: Ability to show different ads on mobile devices, or to suppress ads.
- Excerpts: Ability to show a configurable number of ads on Excerpts (which make up the home page in some themes).
- Option Sets: Multiple option sets can be defined and easily switched between.
- Suspend Ads: Ability to temporarily suppress ad serving.
- Admin Interface Themes: Multiple color schemes for the admin interface.
- Ad Serving Statistics: Keep an eye on your ad serving statistics to make sure that Google is not shortchanging you. (Optional paid module)
- Upload the Now! Plugin for AdSense plugin (the whole adsense-now-lite folder) to the '/wp-content/plugins/' directory.
- Activate the plugin through the 'Plugins' menu in WordPress.
- Go to the Setup -> Now! Plugin for AdSense and enter your AdSense code and options.
To install the professional version of the plugin, please deactivage the Lite version (if any) first. Then upload the zip file that you download after your purchase using the WordPress admin interface shown below.
The plugin is updated also by following the same process, preferably from the plugin Admin page where you will see a file-upload form when an update is ready. The first update for your purchased plugin is always free.
- V5.00: Complete rewrite of the plugin with a lot more features. Admin page based on the twitter bootstrap framework. [Mar 1, 2015]
- V4.60: Compatibility with WP4.1. [Jan 8, 2015]
- V4.50: Renaming the plugin as requested by Google. [Nov 30, 2014]
- V4.41: Minor change to the admin interface. [Sep 9, 2011]
- V4.34: Compatibility with WP4.0. [Sep 6, 2014]
- V4.33: Updating a few language files, minor documentation changes. [Jun 18, 2014]
- V4.32: Updating a few language files, minor documentation changes. [Jun 18, 2014]
- V4.31: Further refactoring and internationalization changes. [May 6, 2014]
- V4.30: Deep refactoring changes. [Apr 18, 2014]
- V4.20: Major changes to options handling. [Apr 12, 2014]
- V4.00: Major changes to the design -- adding a translation interface, getting ready to change options handling. [Mar 22, 2014]
- V3.60: Compatibility with WordPress P3.8. Admin page modifications. [Dec 18, 2013]
- V3.40: Compatibility checks for WordPress V3.7. Translation updates. [Nov 11, 2013]
- V3.41: Updating translations. [Aug 23, 2013]
- V3.40: Compatibility with WP3.6. [Aug 8, 2013]
- V3.31: Updating a few translations. Minor changes to the admin page. [Jun 10, 2013]
- V3.30: Correcting W3C markup validation errors on the admin page. [Apr 14, 2013]
- V3.26: Updating a few translations. [Mar 30, 2013]
- V3.25: Updating a few translations. Minor changes to the support module. [Feb 17, 2013]
- V3.24: Bug fixes (Fatal error: Call-time pass-by-reference has been removed). [Jan 27, 2013]
- V3.23: Documentation changes, testing with WP3.5, translation updates. [Dec 22, 2012]
- V3.22: Fixing the incompatibility with Jetpack. [Dec 17, 2012]
- V3.21: Updating a few translations. [Dec 5, 2012]
- V3.20: Admin interface modifications. Updating some translations. [Sep 27, 2012]
- V3.13: Taking care of some debug notices from WordPress debug mode. Coding improvements: refactoring, minor fixes. [Aug 30, 2012]
- V3.12: Adding nl_NL translation. [Aug 12, 2012]
- V3.11: Minor changes to the admin page. [July 18, 2012]
- V3.10: Testing compatibility with WP 3.4. [July 11, 2012]
- V3.09: Updating translations. Adding some text on the admin page about rating. [June 17, 2012]
- V3.08: Documentation and admin page changes. [May 24,2012]
- V3.07: Renaming the plugin -- dropping the word Lite. [May 11, 2012]
- V3.06: New option to suppress invitations to upgrade the plugin. Translation updates. [Apr 18, 2012]
- V3.05: Updating a few translations, consolidating image resources and trimming auxiliary files. [Mar 19, 2012]
- V3.04: Code clean up -- removing unused functions, indenting the code. Updating Korean translation (the
.mofile was missing in the earlier release). Other misc minor fixes. [Nov 16, 2011]
- V3.03: Minor bug fixes. [Nov 15, 2011]
- V3.02: Releasing Korean translation and updating Thai translation. Admin interface changes.[Nov 12, 2011]
- V3.01: Trimming readme.txt. [Nov 3, 2011]
- V3.00: Initial release of the Lite version. [Nov 1, 2011]
- V2.05: Documentation and admin-page display changes. Non-critical. [Aug 30, 2011]
- V2.04: Bug fix. [Aug 29, 2011]
- V2.00: Documentation changes. [July 4, 2011]
- V1.99: Multiple translation updates and changes to default ads. Ensured compatibility with WordPress 3.2. [June 17, 2011]
- V1.98: More translation updates and support options, and Admin interface changes. [Oct 14, 2010]
- V1.97: Changing default and shared ads, and translation update (
pt_PT). [Oct 2, 2010]
- V1.96: Translation updates. Minor bug fixes and enhancements. [Sep 16, 2010]
- V1.95: Documentation (FAQ) and defaults changes. [Aug 18, 2010]
- V1.94: Performance optimization, , updating some translations, and changing the default and shared ads (to publicize the author's books and to include other providers) [Aug 12, 2010]
- V1.92: Major revamping of default ads: The default (and shared) ads have been changed to referral images. The text boxes on the admin page now show a reminder to generate and paste your AdSense code. [June 27, 2010]
- V1.90: Updated the Russian translation. [Apr 10, 2010]
- V1.89: Updating many translations. [Mar 20, 2010]
- V1.83: New and updated translations. [Dec 10, 2009]
- V1.80: Releasing new Ukrainian and Polish, and updated Italian translations. [Sept 24, 2009]
- V1.77: Releasing new Arabic, and updated German, French and Indonesian translations. [August 22, 2009]
- V1.75: Compressing the defaults file. No functional improvements. [August 10, 2009]
- V1.74: A few more translations. (English users do not need to update.) [August 5, 2009]
- V1.64: Releasing
pt_PTtranslation. [July 22, 2009]
- V1.63: New translation in Russian (
ru_RU). Updated translations: Portuguese (
pt_BR), Simplified Chinese (
zh_CN). [July 18, 2009]
- V1.62: Attempts to fix automatic update and install issues. Improved documentation highlighting ad space sharing. Not an essential update, but any feedback will be appreciated. [July 16, 2009]
- V1.61: Changes to streamline internationalization. (English users don't need to update.) [July 14, 2009]
- V1.58: Admin page enhancements. Simplified Chinese translation. [July 2, 2009]
- V1.57: Removing min-max enforcing on ad space sharing. [June 30, 2009]
- V1.56: Fixing a typo in
is_category(). [June 26, 2009]
- V1.55: Fixing the issue with submit buttons in IE8. [June 23, 2009]
- V1.54: Providing
htmlspecialchars_decode()for compatibility with older versions of PHP. [June 23, 2009]
- V1.53: The
<div>containing the adsense code has class names set so that they can be controlled from the theme CSS. The shared ad-slots are of the same size and show only text ads now. [June 23, 2009]
- V1.52: German translation. [June 20,2009]
- V.151: Compatibility with WP2.8+. [June 13, 2009]
- V1.50: Interface streamlining and improvements, minor bug fixes and configurable ad space sharing to support the plugin development. [June 12, 2009]
- V1.37: Option to suppress adsense blocks in front/home/category/tag/archive pages. [June 6, 2009]
- V1.35: Belarusian translation. [May 4, 2009]
- V1.34: Turkish translation. [May 4, 2009]
- V1.33: Added some HTML comments in the page with version number and ad block sequence number for easy trouble shooting. [May 1, 2009]
- V1.32: More fixes to finally make the admin page totally "Valid XHTML 1.0 Transitional." Also releasing translation in Bahasa Indonesia. [April 17, 2009]
- V1.31: Minor bug fix (related to the number of ad blocks on a page). [April 13, 2009]
- V1.21: An option to show ads only in blog posts (and not on pages). [April 9, 2009]
- V1.20: Internationalization, riding on the translations of Easy AdSenser. [April 4, 2009]
- V1.11: Bug fix: the plugin wasn't gracefully handling posts with no custom fields. [March 10. 2009]
- V1.10: Adding more control over displaying AdSense blocks in individual post. [March 8. 2009]
- V1.01: A serious bug fix. [March 6, 2009]
- V1.00: Initial release. [March 1, 2009]
Frequently Asked Questions
I activated the plugin, and I see a lot of red boxes on my blog posts your ads will be inserted here. How do I get rid of them?
Now! Plugin for AdSense draws a red box on your blog posts to show where the ads would be shown if you entered the ad code on its admin page. This is meant to serve as a reminder for you to go to the admin page and enter the ad code. If you would like to suppress them, disable the corresponding ad slot by selecting "Suppress" under "Where to Show?" on the plugin admin page.
What are the different versions of the plugin?
Now! Plugin for AdSense is the freely distributed version of a premium plugin. The Pro version gives you more benefits -- lets you activate a filter to ensure that your ads show only on those pages that seem to comply with Google AdSense policies. It also lets you specify a list of computers where your ads will not be shown, in order to prevent accidental clicks on your own ads -- one of the main reasons AdSense bans you. These features will minimize your chance of getting banned. The Pro version costs $6.95, and is appropriate if you expect to make more than $100 of ad revenue from your site.
I don't understand the Pro features. Porn and site block - can't you set those during Asdense ad setup?
What you have in AdSense is an ability to block ads from certain sites. For instance, if you don't like ads from my site "thulasidas.com", you can block them. What the pro version gives you is the ability to block ads to certain clients. That is, if you don't want visitors from certain IP addresses see your ads (because they may click on too many of them, getting your AdSense account banned, for instance), you can with my plugin.
Porn block also is similar -- Google lets you choose non-porn ads (I think). What my plugin does is to look at the content of your page, and block ads if it looks like a porn page. (This can happen if a spammer posts a porn kind of comment on your blog, which again may get your AdSense account banned.)
How can I contact the plugin author if I need help?
This plugin uses a paid support model in order to manage the support load. Each support ticket will be charged at $0.95 for the Lite version (and for the Pro version after a short free support period). The support ticket is valid for 72 hours, and further follow-up questions will call for a new support ticket.
How can I control the appearance of the adsense blocks using CSS?
<div>s that Now! Plugin for AdSense creates have the class attribute
adsense. Furthermore, they have attributes like
adsense-leadout depending on the type. You can set the style for these classes in your theme
style.css to control their appearance.
Why another AdSense plugin?
The other plugin I have published, Easy AdSense, does everything that Now! Plugin for AdSense does and more. But in doing so, Easy AdSense has become an All-in-One AdSense plugin, and not "Easy" any more. I wanted to go back to the basics and provide a simple plugin to get our fellow bloggers started on AdSense.
I like its simplicity, but Now! Plugin for AdSense doesn't have all the features I need. Can you add this and that feature?
If you think Now! Plugin for AdSense is too lean and mean for your taste, try my full-fledged, feature-rich plugin Easy AdSense. I plan to keep Now! Plugin for AdSense simple.
I just activated the plugin. How come I don't see any ads in my blog?
Note that you have to generate your adsense code from Google, and paste the entire code in the text box, replacing the existing text. Changing the publisher id alone is not good enough.
If you just created the new Google AdSense code, it may not be active yet. Google takes about ten minutes or so before serving ads. Please try again later.
Can I control how the adsense blocks are formatted in each page?
Yes! Now, in V1.1+, you have more options (using Custom Fields) to control adsense blocks in individual posts/pages. Add custom fields with keys like
adsense-search and with values like
no to have control how the Google adsense blocks show up in each post or page. A Custom Field
adsense with value
no suppresses all AdSense ad blocks in the post or page.
How do I report a bug or ask a question?
If you have a question or comment about the Pro version, please do not use the forum hosted at WordPress.org, but contact the plugin author using our support portal.
WP-PlusThis and other plugins can be installed and managed seamlessly using WP-Plus -- the next generation of WordPress, developed for the professional blogger who demand professional plugins and themes. If you are a professional plugin developer or a blogger (one who hopes to make a living out of blogging or blog-related developement), do check it out!
See Also: Other plugins
If you like my plugin efforts, please leave a comment using your Facebook login below.
If you need help, please use our support portal instead.
[Proudly brought to you by EZ PayPal.]