ezSubscribe is subscription module for ezPayPal, and enables subscription-based products in your online shop. It can be installed on the standalone version of ezPayPal Pro as well as the plugin version Easy PayPal Pro. Used it in conjunction with ezPayPal (stand-along) or Easy PayPal (plugin), this modules enables you to define and sell subscription-based products and services (newsletters, support contracts, advertising contracts or even one time subscriptions like installation or customization service) on your website.
Depending on your preference, you can get different versions of this module:
If you would like to start your e-commerce website independent of WordPress, you can purchase the full package of ezSubscribe ready-to-use online for only $12.95.
If you have a WordPress-based site, you can purchase the plugin plus reporting engine of ezSubscribe ready-to-use online for only $9.95.
- Seamless integration with ezPayPal.
- Multiple Configurable products and services.
- Automatic handling of subscription start, end, modification etc.
Note: ezSubscribe is an add-on module for ezPayPal Pro. You can install and use it only if you have ezPayPal. Or you can purchase the bundled package of ezSubscribe and ezPayPal ready-to-deploy for a discounted price of only $12.95.
- On ezPayPal screen, click on Pro Functions.
- Log in if prompted.
- Click on the Subscription Package button against the Subscription System entry.
- Click on the Install Package and follow the friendly wizard.
- Installation integration from ezPayPal Pro Screen. Click to View
- Design and implement a subscription model.
- V1.13: Bug fixes in subscription and reporting engines. [Sep 18, 2014]
- V1.12: Documentation changes. [Jun 3, 2014]
- V1.11: Fixing another bug that caused the subscription page to be hidden. [Nov 26, 2013]
- V1.10: Various bug fixes after testing for use with WP-Plus.org. [Sep 2, 2013]
- V1.01: Releasing ezSubscribe bundled with ezPayPal. [Sep 30, 2012]
- V1.00: Initial release. [Sep 12, 2012]
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I use this package without ezPayPal?
Not in the current form. A future version that can work independently of ezPayPal will be released soon.
Why would I want to charge my users for support?
Not to get rich, for sure! In my case, I have a few popuplar plugins and packages out there on the net. My users kept sending me emails with questions that are clearly answered in the FAQ, documentation etc. When I got tired of cutting and pasting the FAQ answers, I decided to charge them a small amount ($0.95) per question. In fact, I didn't really charge them, I just told them that I would. And, to my surprise, my support load went down by over 90%! I wanted to use a support ticket system, but was worried that it would swamp me with frivilous tickets. A subscription model made sense in my case. Besides, it will certainly cut down on spam.
Why do the email messages from ezSubscribe end up in Spam/Junk mail boxes?
Depending on how your PHP installation is configured, your emails may look like spam to some of the mail sentinel out there. The safest way to overcome this is to set up SMTP for outgoing mail. Logon to your ezSubscribe Admin panel (
<your ezSubscribe site>/scp/admin.php) and click on the Emails tab. Click on the "Subscribe" email (typically
email@example.com) and enter the values in the "SMTP Settings (Optional)" and section. You will also need to enter your login info in the "Login info (optional)" subsection.
Digital GoodsPlease visit our e-shop selling all sorts of digital goods -- Premium WordPress plugins, PHP packages, Mac Apps, eBooks etc. It runs on my own ezPayPal package, which you can purchase if you would like to start a similar e-commerce gateway. Do check it out!
See Also: Other packages
If you like my plugin efforts, please leave a comment using your Facebook login below.
If you need help, please use our support portal instead.
[Proudly brought to you by ezPayPal. Join the fun, be an affiliate at ezAffiliates]