Easy AdSense is a premium plugin for WordPress. It gives you a very easy way to insert Google AdSense code into your existing and future blog posts. You can easily add a widget to display ads in your sidebar, and another to show a Google Search box. You can specify where each ad should appear, control their appearance, control them on a post-by-post basis, decorate them with a roll-over border, suppress/enable them on certain types of posts and pages and so on. With its rich set of features, Easy AdSense is perhaps the only plugin that gives you a complete solution for managing everything AdSense-related. It comes in a freely-distributed Lite Version. If you want more control, you can get the Pro Version . The most popular AdSense plugin on WordPress.org, Easy AdSense has clocked close to a million downloads (including 600,000 downloads before it went commercial).
AdSense Now! simplifies it even further. Another premium WordPress plugin, it takes all the complications out of the equation, and asks you to cut and paste your AdSense code in just one text box. No fuss, no mess! All your posts and pages are now AdSense enabled. Another hugely popular plugin for AdSense, it was downloaded about 150,000 times from WordPress.org before it went commercial.
I ascribe the success of my plugins to their simplicity and meticulous attention to detail. Most AdSense plugins I have seen suffer from a few drawbacks.
- They try to handle too many ad providers.
- As a result, they have complicated configuration and fairly inflexible layout options.
- Each time you switch your theme, you have to re-configure your AdSense code to match your color scheme.
- They don’t usually give you configurable widgets for your sidebar, making it difficult to Google-enable your sidebars.
Easy AdSense and AdSense Now! do only AdSense, and give you the simplest (but complete) configuration possible. If you would like to support my plugin efforts, I have a configurable ad slot sharing scheme implemented, which you can turn on or off at will.
Google AdSense is a modern plugin for, of course, Google AdSense. It gives you an attractive tabbed interface on its admin page, and uses a highly modular and robust engine beneath to give you features and control that other AdSense plugins just cannot provide. You don’t even have to cut and paste your ad code generated at Google — you just have to provide your pub-ID and select colors for the ad to match your theme, and the Google AdSense plugin will take care of the rest. It is written using the same modular framework as my multi-provider Easy Ads plugin.
As with all my AdSense plugins, the Pro version of Google AdSense gives you ways and means to minimize your chance of getting banned from the AdSense program for policy violations. It has an intelligent filter that will look for keywords that may indicate adult or mature content even in a comment so that a spam comment doesn’t flag your blog for potential banning by Google. It also has a feature to suppress ads on a list of client IP addresses so that accidental (or intentional) clicks will not happen from those Internet addresses.
Easy Ads takes you beyond AdSense. Google dumped you? Don’t be heartbroken; there are other fish in the sea. You may find happiness with Clicksor, BidVertiser or Chitika. Use Easy Ads, and you may get lucky!
Written in a new modular framework, Easy Ads is a study in how to write hugely complex WordPress plugins while retaining the simplicity of their user interfaces. Its code base is shared by the Google AdSense plugin as well. This complex, multi-provider plugin helps you maximize your revenue potential. Take a look at its features:
- Tabbed and intuitive interface for multiple ad providers.
- Rich display and alignment options.
- Robust codebase for extending to more ad providers.
- Control over the positioning and display of ad blocks in each post or page.
- Dedicated options tabs for AdSense and Chitika with color pickers to customize the generated ad code.
- Simple configuration interface — nothing more than entering your provider id, and with sensible defaults for the few options present, all with clear instructions.
- Widgets for each provider.
If you like my plugin efforts, please leave a comment using your Facebook login below.
If you need help, please use our support portal.